Saturday, June 20, 2009

Smile like you mean it

Explore theories of management such as Theory X, Theory Y and Theory Z. Theory X can be compared to the old school of management. Theory Y and Z represent more modern styles of management. However, these theories are not mutually exclusive. In the real world, work cultures may be a combination of all three. Theory Z assumes that you have engaged, intelligent employees. Therefore they can be trusted to significantly contribute to decision making. I first learned about these theories in college.

Considering the information above I decided to create my own reality with art. I will create the best manager in myself. The great thing about my artwork is that I select the content and scope of my projects and the rate at which I complete them. I'll apply Theory Z to my own work. I trust myself to create a better reality each day. As for the corporate world; "Smile like you mean it."




1 comment:

  1. You are such an engineer! I didn't get any of the XYZ stuff, except the part at the end, but I am glad you're doing something you love. Keep it up, I'll be checking back :)

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Dave's June List R1