Saturday, June 20, 2009

Peoria Art Guild Member's Show

I started thinking about making fine silver jewelry in 2007. Finally, this year I took a metal clay class at the Peoria Art Guild. Family and friends have encouraged me. I entered my work in the Peoria Art Guild Members Show (June 19th - August 5th, 2009)


Michelle and I went to the Peoria Art Guild Member’s Show last night. I learned that I was over dressed when I showed up in a dress shirt tie and dress pants; most of the artists were dressed casually.

We met and discussed other artists work and my work and had a great time. I was encouraged by the professional artists to keep doing what I’m doing with jewelry.

I didn’t win any formal awards but I learned a great deal last night. Michelle thinks i should have won something. Of course she is not looking at this objectively...I'm happy for the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dave's June List R1